Your privacy is very important to HFI. We will act in a responsible manner when you provide any personal information to us as a result of your visiting our website, or in the course of HFI providing services to you. However, you may always visit our website at any time, without giving any personal information. We do not sell, disclose, transfer or otherwise provide any voluntarily provided personal information received by us, to any third party, except to process a valid transaction with HFI, such as in a credit card payment, or as may be required by applicable laws or official legal processes.
When you visit our website, we may collect â€œcookiesâ€, â€œclickstream dataâ€ or other information in the process. We gather this information in order to help us improve our website and services to you and other website users.
- HFI may use â€œcookiesâ€ to track how you use the Website. A cookie is a piece of software that a web server can store on Usersâ€™ PCs and use to identify Users should they visit the Website again. Users may adjust their web browser software if they do not wish to accept cookies. To withdraw your consent after accepting a cookie, delete the cookie from your computer.
HFI believes that every User should know how it utilizes the information collected from Users. The Website is not directed at children under 13 years of age, and HFI does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age online. Please note that the Website may contain links to other websites. These linked sites may not be operated or controlled by HFI. HFI is not responsible for the privacy practices of these or any other websites, and you access these websites entirely at your own risk. HFI recommends that you review the privacy practices of any other websites that you choose to visit.
HFI is based, and this website is hosted, in the United States of America. If User is from the European Union, where GDPR may apply, or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law and User is registering an account on the Website, visiting the Website, purchasing products or services from HFI or the Website, or otherwise using the Website, please note that any personally identifiable information that User provides to HFI will be transferred to the United States. Any such personally identifiable information provided will be processed and stored in the United States by HFI or a service provider acting on its behalf. By providing your personally identifiable information, User hereby specifically and expressly consents to such transfer and processing and the uses and disclosures as described herein.
- The Information HFI Collects
- You may browse the Website without registering an account or affirmatively providing personally identifiable information to HFI and do so anonymously. Otherwise, HFI may collect personally identifiable information from you in a variety of ways. From your contact with HFI we collect the following business information: name, email address, job title, phone number, company name, postal address, corporate website URLs and any social networking URLs. We also collect from the email header, the date of the email and any email addresses, names and job titles of those on the email. Personally, identifiable information may also include, financial information collected to process purchases made from HFI via the Website or otherwise (such as credit card, debit card or other payment information); other information requested during the account registration process; and other information requested by our service vendors in order to provide their services (such as information requested by the PayPal Payment Gateway). If a User communicates with HFI by e-mail or otherwise, posts to the Website, posts messages to any forums, completes online forms such as course registration, surveys or entries or otherwise interacts with or uses the features on the Website, any information provided in such communications may be collected by HFI. HFI may also collect information about how Users use the Website, for example, by tracking the number of unique views received by the pages of the Website, or the domains and IP addresses from which Users originate. While not all of the information that HFI collects from Users is personally identifiable, it may be associated with personally identifiable information that Users provide HFI through the Website or otherwise.
- How HFI Uses Information
- HFI may use personally identifiable information collected through the Website for the specific purposes for which the information was collected, to process purchases and sales of products or services, such as training, offered via the Website, to contact Users regarding products and services offered by HFI, its parent, subsidiary and other related companies and its trusted affiliates, independent contractors and business partners, and otherwise to enhance Usersâ€™ experience with HFI and such affiliates, independent contractors and business partners. HFI may use your information for providing other emails regarding services and offerings. If you do not wish to receive these emails, please contact HFI at the address below. HFI may also use information collected through the Website for research regarding the effectiveness of the Website and the business planning, marketing, advertising and sales efforts of HFI, its trusted affiliates, independent contractors and business partners. HFI does not sell your information or provide to others, except as expressly needed to process any order or services provided by HFI or its affiliates. We will not share information with others unless you give us permission.
- Disclosure of Information
- HFI may disclose personally identifiable information collected from Users to its parent, subsidiary and other related companies, trusted affiliates, independent contractors and business partners who will use the information for the purposes outlined above, as necessary to provide the services offered by HFI and to provide the Website itself, and for the specific purposes for which the information was collected. HFI may disclose personally identifiable information at the request of law enforcement or governmental agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders or other legal process, to establish, protect or exercise HFIâ€™s legal or other rights or to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise required or allowed by law. HFI may disclose personally identifiable information in order to protect the rights, property or safety of a User or any other person. HFI may disclose personally identifiable information to investigate or prevent a violation by User of any contractual or other relationship with HFI or the perpetration of any illegal or harmful activity. HFI may also disclose aggregate, anonymous data based on information collected from Users to investors and potential partners. Finally, HFI may disclose or transfer personally identifiable information collected from Users in connection with or in contemplation of a sale of its assets or business or a merger, consolidation or other reorganization of its business.
- Personal Information Provided as Part of User Content
- If a User includes such Userâ€™s personally identifiable information as part of the User Content that such User posts to the Website, such information may be made available to any parties using the Website and/or such User Content. HFI does not edit or otherwise remove such information from User Content before it is posted on the Website. If a User does not wish to have such Userâ€™s personally identifiable information made available in this manner, such User must remove any such information from the User Content before posting. User contact information (which may include, without limitation, a Userâ€™s username and email address) may be included with any User Content that a User posts via the Website. HFI is not liable for any damages caused or incurred due to personally identifiable information made available in the foregoing manners.
- Security of Information
- Information about Users that is maintained on HFIâ€™s systems is protected using industry standard security measures. However, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and HFI cannot guarantee that the information submitted to, maintained on or transmitted from its systems will be completely secure. HFI is not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures relating to the Website by any Users or third parties.
- Correcting, Updating, Accessing or Removing Personal Information
- Contacting HFI
Human Factors International, Inc.
PO Box 2020
1680 Highway 1 STE 3600
Fairfield IA 52556